I believe Toor Dal (split pigeon peas) is the tastiest of all the lentils. It has a rich flavour that leaves you awestruck. Try it out:
- Sauté roughly chopped tomatoes and (green) capsicum in oil.
- Enhance in hing (asafoetida) powder, chilli and turmeric powder along with salt and mix up the mixture.
- Soak Toor dal in water for about 30 minutes before blending it in with the mixture.
- Pour warm water over the blend. This dal swells up in its form … you need to add warm water at regular intervals so that it does not stick to the base of the utensil or you can opt to use a Pressure Cooker to cook this dal, pour water about twice the quantity of the blend and cook it in low flame for around 15 minutes.
- Once this dal totally flattens out, the Toor mania is ready for relish.
HAPPY EATING! (Awesome ……
View original post 3 more words