‘AN apple a day keeps the doctor away’ – this proverb is rightly carved in the fundamentals of achieving good health. Yogurt, also mentioned as curd, is another foodstuff that will keep the doctor miles away … that’s from you!
Experts suggest that ‘Yogurt made from cow’s milk is a very nutritious and it is very digestible’. Some convenient tips to infuse yogurt in daily diet:-
- A simple strategy to prepare natural yogurt at home is – add 250 grams of plain yogurt to a liter of lukewarm milk and keep it covered for 8 to 12 hrs. Later on, refrigerate it for further use. For weight-watchers and people suffering from high cholesterol levels, low-fat milk is a better option for making curd.
- Yogurt can be consumed as sweet dips (by adding sugar to it!) for chapatti, paratha, bread, puri etc.
- When added to dal or curry preparations, it enriches its flavour and nutrition content.
- Yogurt added to salad for flavour is a delightful treat for the taste buds.
- Use it to marinate meat and poultry; it results for a softer and tastier final product.
- Prepare cool fruit drinks by adding yogurt, which is a healthier and a tastier choice. Add any fruit of your choice (mango particularly tastes fantastic!).